Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shanghai

Watched a movie on "Chanel No. 5" at In City. Prior to that had lunch at sushi outlet. But the fresh salmon wasn't fresh. So I had to reject.

Rushed to Shanghai by bus. Stayed overnight at a guest house. Only 130 yuan. Was quite clean, except that the wall partition wasn't sound-proof. So I could hear an irritating couple talking nonstop, until a woman had to knock on their door twice. It did not go off until 3am. Or maybe that was the time I finally dozed off. But they started talking since 7am again. I wonder if their mouths are battery-operated.

Took a taxi to Wusong Pier to buy ferry ticket for Putuoshan - one of the four most famous Buddhist mountains in China, apart from Mount Emei in Sichuan, Mount Jiu Hua in Anhui and Mount Wutai in Shanxi. Costs me 189 yuan for a 6-man bunk.

Taxi uncle told me the pier wasn't far. But the fare came up to 110 yuan (21 sgd). He still could ask if I want a ride back. I said it was too expensive, and off I went to inquire on how to get back to Shanghai City. In the end, a metro station was only nearby (30 minutes walk), so I took a taxi to the train station. When I opened the taxi door, I was too forceful and bang the door onto the kerb. I thought it would be dented. It was really loud. But thank God, the door only suffered visible trademark (scratches) left by Melvin Ng in Shanghai, China. HAHAHAHA

Returned back to Suzhou later by bus. Slept all the way back. Went to the gym before having lunch and then returned home. Went In City with Ronald for dinner at the sushi outlet again, this time round the raw salmon was fresh.

Returning back to Shanghai tomorrow to catch my ferry. Will depart at 8pm, and arrive the next morning at 7am.

And oh, it's a three-day public holiday in China, since Monday, in celebration of Duan Wu Jie (dumpling festival).