Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Parting time

Yesterday was a difficult time for me, and my china friends as we have to part today. Many flashbacks...
Went Guan Qian Street, wanted to have japanese buffet, but it was closing soon. Lucky for me, otherwise my rigorous fat-shedding routine would have been wasted. Ate 过桥米线 (vermicelli soup) instead.

This morning was especially difficult for me as I made my way to Hangzhou Xiaoshan Airport. Even more difficult when I had to pay 58 yuan for a plate of distasteful yangzhou fried rice and 25 yuan for a can of coca-cola which could be bought for 6 yuan and 3 yuan in town respectively.
Upon boarding, I thought I have already reached Singapore. You will know what I mean by looking at the picture below:
Isn't this car similar to our cab?
Plane took off at 2.50pm. Took AirAsia, a bigger plane model A330-300 this time round, to Kuala Lumpur.
Bought a ribena, mineral water and sandwich onboard.

Landed at 7.20pm, helped 2 vietnamese women with immigration cards, and chatted with a china man from the low cost terminal all the way to KL Sentral while on the bus. Asked me how to get jobs in Singapore, told me he likes Singapore alot, and that Singapore is very safe.

Checked into Hotel Sentral. 157 ringgit. Got room 914. Ate mee siam goreng with teh tarik at Old Town for 5.40 ringgit in total. Super nice! At least this cheered me up. Returned to room and realised the hotel did not provide toothpaste. So I have to make my way down again to the minimart.

Going to sleep now. Meeting my mother tomorrow in Genting. Another reason to be happy.
Come to think of it, fortunately I went ahead with the work attachment in China. At least I know I can live overseas independently and handle strangely new problems as they arise.
But now I can't spit on the road as I like whenever I have phlegms or litter whenver I can't find a litter bin.