Monday, July 5, 2010

Humble Administrator's Garden

Went gym this morning, then had lunch at In City. Ate hokkien fried mee from a Singapore cuisine outlet called Sin Chew Kee (新洲记). Not nice at all. Initially did not give me sambal chilli. How to eat?

Went to the Humble Administrator's Garden (拙政园) and was happy to be able to use my student card. So paid half price entrance fee at only 35 yuan. Inside the garden got a pavilion called Celestial Spring Pavilion (天泉亭) and I overheard a tour guide saying that by looking at one's own reflection in the well, one will grow more handsome. So I decided to look 3 times because I need an overhaul!

This well is about 700 years old

Of particular interest to me initially was the Tower of Reflection (倒影楼). But it turned out to be nothing more than a corridor's shadow being reflected on the water.

Got generous bites from mosquitoes, which thrives endlessly since spring time. Other things else......




Went for massage in order to use up my remaining 2 hours on the prepaid card.

Bought taiwanese sausage and braised eggs rice rolls (台湾香肠卤蛋饭团) and a black soya bean for 10 yuan. Returned home before going to Moonlight Harbour (金鸡湖) at about 9pm overlooking the Golden Chicken Lake (金鸡湖).

Reached home at ten plus.