Thursday, August 18, 2011

2 funny customerz

In a week alone I encountered 2 funny customers.

Customer 1 has been calling me since the third day of my work regarding Vietnam until the third week of my work which is today. Over the phone she said she wanted a triple room, all with single beds because they are all women and not used to sleeping with each other. Suddenly she reminds of myself, because I don't like to share a bed too! So for that matter, I can put myself in her shoes. But 3 individual beds in a room?? I have stayed in over a hundred hotels worldwide, but have never come across such a configuration as yet (with the exception of youth hostels). My colleague told me some customers are like this. They thought our company owns everything - airplanes and hotels.

Customer 2 walked-in yesterday. She was from Canadian on holiday in Singapore and wanted to visit somewhere near on a solo trip. I suggested Bali and she really liked the idea, taking down notes of the places that she can visit (Rock Bar at Ayana Resort especially) and hotels to stay. In the end, she said she will try booking online. LOL. Because as I was presenting those ideas to her, I showed her the websites that she could do her own booking! She was such a nice person to talk to, and I even became an ambassador of Singapore, promoting No Signboard restaurant because she wanted to try chilli crab, and One Altitude bar for the most captivating bird's eye view of Singapore's skyline.

This morning, my colleague told me she saw the same lady (customer 2) wearing the same clothes the day before at the bus stop. I thought it was nothing to be excited about, because I can wear 1 shirt for 1 week in a row when I'm on holiday!